Which of the following decays are possible? For those that are forbidden, explain which laws are violated.
- $\Xi^0 \rightarrow \Sigma^+$ + $\pi^-$
- $\Omega^- \rightarrow \Sigma^0$ + $\pi^-$ + $\nu$
- $\Sigma^0 \rightarrow \Lambda^0$ + $\gamma$ + $\gamma$
Source: Giancoli, Douglas C., Physics: Principles with Applications, 7th Edition, 2014.
- not possible due to conservation of strangeness and energy.
- not possible due to conservation of strangeness, lepton number, and spin
- This decay is possible.